General Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything to chat about - Come here to do it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs

Go down 
+2
Jimbob
skankboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
machman

machman

Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : world domination, spying on earth, creating panic
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptySun 10 Aug - 0:46:02

Jobs are the definition of insanity. we spend the majority of our lives commuting to and working at a place we do not want to be, get harassed while there, make someone else bloody rich, and only compensated as little as they can get away with. The insane part is we do this by choice every day. Yes, it is a choice. there has to be a better (legal) way.
Back to top Go down
voorhees

voorhees

Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : librarian/poetry recital,flower pressing,bell ringing
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyThu 7 Aug - 20:54:50

I was made redundant on 7th july and was hoping for some time out but an agency phoned me and now I'm travelling 60 miles a day as opposed to 20 but being paid half on top of what I was getting before Beerchug spend half an hour more on the road on twisty country roads

oh and always remember work to live as opposed to live to work
Back to top Go down
Lottstar
Admin
Admin
Lottstar

Number of posts : 172
Job/hobbies : Self Employed. Hobbies: Cars / Nature / Naughty activities / Cooking
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyThu 7 Aug - 16:17:59

Like everyone else, its depending on your circumstances at home. Personally if Tim was to go away a lot and even just in the week he worked away, I wouldn't be that chuffed. Fortunately Tim and I both have the same view of work, that we work to live, not live to work. If it pays the bills and we don't get cheated like crap then that's good for us.

So you gotta think if its really worth working away more from your wife and lads?! Will you enjoy it? Will you and your wife suffer from it?!?! bla bla and bla.

Let us know about the job next week then. Violin
Back to top Go down
skankboy

skankboy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyThu 7 Aug - 16:02:25

well....I find out if I have a job next week....we are all having to re-apply.
Back to top Go down
KNB
KNB

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyTue 5 Aug - 22:36:10

Never let a job rule your life. A job is a means to an end. It allows you to hopefully enjoy the finer things in life and if you enjoy your work too, then that is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob

Jimbob

Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : I have both.
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyTue 5 Aug - 20:06:12

I think you need to find a balance between your job and you life. If you have a job you enjoy then that is invaluable. Personally i have very little sympathy for people who moan about their work, I know we all do to a certain extent, but if you don't like your job get another! Easier said then done I know, but you get my point ....

If your job involves going away but you love it, then it will not be a hardship, and your time at home with your family will be even more worthwhile (sorry I don't know your personal circumstances)! Whats the point in living at home purely to go to a job you hate making you miserable all the time?

Of course it does depend on your work - you do need enough time away to be able to give your family what they deserve. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
skankboy

skankboy

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs EmptyTue 5 Aug - 19:27:37

As above....should we let a job lead our life or vice versa?

Should we let our job dicate where we live?

What do you think about the whole job thing?

I'm thinking of contracting, which would involve living away from home (which I do now during the week), and might involve me only working when there is a dmenad, e.g 6 months of the year...bu, I would like to think that I would be more in control.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs   Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs Empty

Back to top Go down

Jobs Jobs Jobs....Big Jobs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Chat :: Random chit chat-
Jump to: