General Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything to chat about - Come here to do it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tina5512

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-03-23

So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptyMon 31 Mar - 21:59:32

KISS, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, and Cinderella.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob

Jimbob

Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : I have both.
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptySun 10 Aug - 2:18:26

This is too hard! I need more time!

PS I love Amy MacDonald I love you
Back to top Go down
Ardepe

Ardepe

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptySun 10 Aug - 1:51:28

Well, after a couple of hours listening to Soft Cell 12 inches, I'm officially promoting them to desert island top five, and demoting Elvis Costello. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow.

So, that means my bonus track has to change. I'm obviously picking Costello, and I'm going to go for 'I Want You'.
Back to top Go down
KNB
KNB

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptySat 9 Aug - 21:54:22

Oh, good thread. Beerchug

The five bands I could not live without would be -

1) Snow Patrol
2) Stereophonics
3) Foo Fighters
4) Creed
5) David Bowie

Hmm now scratch . My bonus track? Would have to be Candi Staton, You got the Love.
Back to top Go down
Lottstar
Admin
Admin
Lottstar

Number of posts : 172
Job/hobbies : Self Employed. Hobbies: Cars / Nature / Naughty activities / Cooking
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptySat 9 Aug - 20:25:33

Ok, my 5 bands would be:

Snowpatrol
Foo Fighters
Four Tet
3 Doors Down
Thievery Corporation

And my bonus track would be:

"Semifinalists" - Upstream
Back to top Go down
Ardepe

Ardepe

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... EmptySat 9 Aug - 14:20:35

We were talking about this at work the other day. If you had to choose five bands/singers whose music you could take to a desert island, who would they be? I found this really hard, but I think my five would be (in no particular order):

Billy Bragg
Elvis Costello
The Smiths
Paul Simon
The Divine Comedy, specifically these albums: Liberation, Casanova and Promenade (one of the best albums EVER, imo)

If I could have one bonus track, not by the above artists, I'd pick Sex Dwarf (or maybe Seedy Films) by Soft Cell, who almost made the cut. Actually, maybe I'd swap out Elvis Costello for Soft Cell. Gah, it's just too hard.

Anyway, over to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...   So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ... Empty

Back to top Go down

So, if you could only ever listen to five bands/singers ...
Page 1 of 1